So I started the IP diet with my mom and, after about 5 months, I had lost 60 pounds. She was nearing 50. After 8 months, she was down 70 lbs. We didn't properly stop the program (they ease you off so that you're eating normal food and not their diet packet foods) so we, of course, gained almost all of the weight back within the next year. BUT I can definitely vouch for Ideal Protein working!
The diet cuts out all carbs (even sugar from fruits) and fat. You are on a strict diet of Ideal Protein food packets, veggies, and meat. This gets a little bland after a while but if you can push through that, you do lose the weight. It's just tough to end it because you're really aiming for a lifestyle change, to only have fat and carbs in moderation after the diet ends. Personally, I love carbs and this was not the right lifestyle change for me- I went right back to carbs and fats a week or two after stopping.
If you guys have any questions about this diet, though, I'm pretty qualified to answer! Lots of experience.
The diet cuts out all carbs (even sugar from fruits) and fat. You are on a strict diet of Ideal Protein food packets, veggies, and meat. This gets a little bland after a while but if you can push through that, you do lose the weight. It's just tough to end it because you're really aiming for a lifestyle change, to only have fat and carbs in moderation after the diet ends. Personally, I love carbs and this was not the right lifestyle change for me- I went right back to carbs and fats a week or two after stopping.
If you guys have any questions about this diet, though, I'm pretty qualified to answer! Lots of experience.
via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/gfpjW3A7xj0/10807-ideal-protein-diet.html
No comments:
Post a Comment