Friday, June 14, 2013

Problems with kids today.. ?

Ok, I'm getting a little miffed reading all over the place that lack of corporal punishment is the reason behind problems today (crime, teen suicide, disrespect and sooooo much more). Obviously there are way too many grey areas to bring it down to one thing and each child is unique and will not learn the same way others do, but.. still, many of today's adults think it should be the way of the past.



What are your thoughts? Not necessarily about corporal punishment (although I AM interested), but what are your personal thoughts on the growing numbers of the above mentioned problems and others? Do you think kids should fear their parents and all will be well? What about respect? I find many of the parents complaining of lack of respect and needing ways of the past don't have the first clue about modeling respect and that it's earned. Children aren't owned, you can't command respect, especially if you don't give it. These are human beings, learning from what they see, not born knowing the rules.



I like this quote "If you've told a child a thousand times and he still does not understand, it's not the child who is the slow learner". And it's so true. Corporal punishment or yelling and screaming or any form of force is not necessary.. changing how you approach it is. There's always a better way :)






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/XDtALTCrnEU/11332-problems-kids-today.html

No comments: