Saturday, June 1, 2013

Energy Drinks Before Working Out?

I've been a long-distance runner for years and am I huge stickler for hydrating throughout the day. I normally monitor my water intake very closely so that dehydration is not a factor when it comes to my workouts. I just recently, however, tried an energy drink (Rockstar "Rehab") right before my run. While I found that my energy level and speed was incredible, I found myself more dehydrated than usual afterwards. I don't plan on making this a normal act before my workouts (not by a long shot), but I am curious on your thoughts. Have you tried an energy drink before your workouts? Was it a positive or negative experience? Any thoughts?






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/wbvrQWB9YMk/11077-energy-drinks-before-working-out.html

No comments: