Thursday, August 29, 2013

My little secret ;)

Dear women on the ellipticals and treadmills,



Sorry to interrupt your hour-long endeavor but I must tell you....I've been laughing inside for months as I watch you through your long-haul. You see, something no one seems to want to tell you, is that shorter, more intense workouts are more effective than the hours you're spending going nowhere. For only twenty minutes, I walk at 3 mph at a 15% incline and burn the same amount of calories as you. For 15 minutes, I alternated walking 3.5 mph for 30 seconds and sprinting at 10 mph for 30 seconds and blow your calorie count out of the water. And oh...if I feel like skipping the cardio room? I just do circuit work in the weight room. Is it harder? Of course it is. Do I have more time in my day? Sure do! Am I seeing results equal to or greater than yours? You betcha.



Sincerely,



Not A Cardio Bunny ;)






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/GnagUcOz1oo/13850-my-little-secret.html

No comments: