I started doing Metafit classes about a month and a half ago because my friend is the instructor, and have been almost every week since. I've noticed a real increase in my fitness! I'm able to run and swim for much longer because my endurance is far better than it used to be.
For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a half-hour workout of HIIT bodyweight exercises - think press-ups, burpees, squat thrusts, planks etc. You do it in round of exercises, with 20/30 seconds doing each then a 10 second rest before moving on. It doesn't sound too bad, but it is BRUTAL. The first time I did it I almost fainted, and the first time my instructor did it (and she had done multiple marathons and triathalons before attempting Metafit!), she threw up. Apparently the fitter you are, the more it hurts. By the end of a class, you're flat out and soaked in sweat.
But the good bit? Your metabolism goes through the roof. Your resting heart rate returns to normal quite quickly, but your metabolism stays up for 24 hours, meaning fat can be blitzed very quickly.
Any other Metafitters out there?
For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a half-hour workout of HIIT bodyweight exercises - think press-ups, burpees, squat thrusts, planks etc. You do it in round of exercises, with 20/30 seconds doing each then a 10 second rest before moving on. It doesn't sound too bad, but it is BRUTAL. The first time I did it I almost fainted, and the first time my instructor did it (and she had done multiple marathons and triathalons before attempting Metafit!), she threw up. Apparently the fitter you are, the more it hurts. By the end of a class, you're flat out and soaked in sweat.
But the good bit? Your metabolism goes through the roof. Your resting heart rate returns to normal quite quickly, but your metabolism stays up for 24 hours, meaning fat can be blitzed very quickly.
Any other Metafitters out there?
via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/Ee09a4aCDZM/13617-does-anyone-else-do-metafit.html
No comments:
Post a Comment