Monday, May 6, 2013

Jumping Jacks - Do you do them?

So I just wanted to post a little bit about jumping jacks. I am finding that everyone likes to focus on running, or swimming, or biking, and never really on the exercises that benefit us that don't require a whole lot of skill.



The reason I am bringing this up is I cannot run for long periods of time because of my condition, I don't have access to a pool, and I don't have the money to buy an indoor bike (and I don't fancy outdoor bikes), so I wanted to bring up exercises that don't require a lot and are relatively easier to do for those who may have conditions that don't allow them to do the regular techniques that the masses use to lose weight.



I started off doing jump rope, but found that I couldn't do it for very long. However, jumping jacks I can do and are considered a high intensity (aerobic) exercise that can burn quite a bit of calories depending on your weight.



According to fatburn.com, for 60 mins (1 hr) at 155lbs I could burn a total of 518 calories. Now I don't know much about calorie burning other then that you need to be in a deficit in order to lose weight, so I am not sure if this is really all that great number wise, but to me it works.



I did jumping jacks for about a week, eating healthy and drinking a lot of green tea and saw myself drop 3lbs, and that was from just jumping jacks (and some planking). Might be something that people might want to consider adding into their routines :).






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/vEjOkKcUsKw/10456-jumping-jacks-do-you-do-them.html

No comments: