Monday, May 6, 2013

Running with flat feet?

Hello,



I personally have flat feet with a high arch, which is quite rare. My problem is that i soon have national service coming up where i would be needing to do a lot of running and i want to be prepared.



When i personally run i am able to do about ~300meters before i have to stop and start walking because my feet get "shocked" and i get some pains in my center front part of my leg (right next to the bone, below the thighs. I dont know the correct word in english). After some walking i can continue, however my goal is to be running many kilometers without having to stop.



I have done some research over this and the most common solutions i can find are either:



Running shoes with specific support to my feet.

Different leg exercises that train your feet and help flat feet.

Constantly running in order to train your feet.



I have heard however that specific footgear can make your feet lazy and disable them from training and progressing, or even cause more pain to your feet.



I am wondering what do you suggest out of those three, or do you have some other suggestion? My main goal is to be able to run for a long time (at least a couple of kilometers) without stopping.



Thank you.






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/MNyK-C3g1Ek/10459-running-flat-feet.html

No comments: