Saturday, August 30, 2014

Query: Swollen thumb?

So yesterday I noticed a pain in my thumb. It felt like a hangnail so I ignored it. As the day went on the pain was just worse, still feeling like a hangnail, I noticed how swollen and big my thumb was. I feel it throbbing, it’s red, just very swollen. My friend told me this can happen with an infected hangnail. I’m pregnant so Tylenol medicine is really the only thing I could take. I took two yesterday and it didn’t help anything. I’ve also had ice on my thumb all the time and even today and the swelling hasn’t gone down at all. Right now I put Neosporin around the area it would be infected. I don’t want to see a doctor because I am sick of going in over something so stupid. I can’t try to pick the hangnail cause it hurts severely to the touch. Anything I can do? Being pregnant It isn’t recommended I take ibproufen.

Will it go away eventually?



The post Query: Swollen thumb? appeared first on Smart Health Shop Blog.






via Smart Health Shop Blog http://ift.tt/1vWKRhz

No comments: