Monday, October 15, 2012

"Increasing Iron?" update

Dear derek,

You are subscribed to the thread "Increasing Iron?" by Dr.Nick, there have been 2 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was shaun.
http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/diet-nutrition/5858-increasing-iron.html

These following posts were made to the thread:
************

http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=5858#post109296
Posted by: anyagoryun
On: 10-14-2012 07:37 AM

Back when I was 16 I was diagnosed with Iron Deficiency, and my doctor as a precaution prescribed me ferrous gluconate and told me to eat healthy to avoid problematic health in the future. I took the vitamins for some time, and decided to stop since i felt as normal and lazy as ever. At 17 I move out of my parents place, go wild, start smoking and stop eating healthy food all together, and two years later started having all the possible symptoms of anemia imaginable. I made some stupid choices that caused my 19 year old body experience health problems of a 30 year old, but now it seems to be coming together. I take Omega 369, Ferrous Gluconate, B12 and folic acid daily, I make sure I eat at least 3 tomatoes every day, I am a meat eater, but for non-meat preferences I suggest green and red colored fruits and vegetables. I stopped drinking coffee and energy drinks (I used to drink an energy drink a day) and make sure I take my vitamins with orange juice because they absorb better that way. Water should work fine too, but not tea or coffee (or alcohol). May be once a week I'll allow myself a cup of coffee, but usually I avoid that stuff like I avoid unprotected sex with an ethiopian transvestite.
************

http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=5858#post109310
Posted by: shaun
On: 10-14-2012 09:03 AM

The best source of iron is liver. In fact, you need to restrict the amount of liver you eat in case of iron overload. I wouldn't eat more than a pound of liver per week. Another good means of increasing iron is to cook with a cast iron pan.


All the best,
Smart Health Shop Forum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&type=thread&subscriptionid=10904&auth=d2635af34928a3a77cef02f9c6a62e43

No comments: