Monday, October 15, 2012

"Need some tips, or a starting point" update

Dear derek,

You are subscribed to the thread "Need some tips, or a starting point" by kennyrip, there have been 5 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was lynnes75.
http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/fat-loss-cutting/4153-need-some-tips-starting-point.html

These following posts were made to the thread:
************

http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=4153#post108629
Posted by: lynnes75
On: 10-10-2012 09:36 PM

Great tips, thanks! I'd also like to use this thread for myself, been starting my own 'getting in shape' activities.


---Quote (Originally by derek)---
your first couple tips were nice,* but the eating after 8 thing doesn't have a whole lot of validity to it*. I would say to go ahead and eat all the way up until bedtime, just make sure you are getting enough protein for your muscles to repair at night and cut down on carbs and fat closer to bedtime.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
---End Quote---
I've never thought this 'tip' has a lot of validity to it too, but the reasons for it that I've heard before mostly have a lot of superstitions attached to it. Thanks for clarifying.
************

http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=4153#post108717
Posted by: derek
On: 10-11-2012 08:37 AM


---Quote (Originally by lynnes75)---
Great tips, thanks! I'd also like to use this thread for myself, been starting my own 'getting in shape' activities.



I've never thought this 'tip' has a lot of validity to it too, but the reasons for it that I've heard before mostly have a lot of superstitions attached to it. Thanks for clarifying.
---End Quote---
The time of day you eat is completely irrelevant in regards to fat loss and muscle building. What is relevant is the time you eat in regards to your weight training or cardio. If you want to burn fat, you want nearly ALL nutrition during the post-workout time period. If you want to gain muscle as well, you need BCAA's at strategic times before and after training to repair and help the muscle recover.
************

http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=4153#post109053
Posted by: lynnes75
On: 10-12-2012 11:06 PM


---Quote (Originally by derek)---
The time of day you eat is completely irrelevant in regards to fat loss and muscle building. *What is relevant is the time you eat in regards to your weight training or cardio.* If you want to burn fat, you want nearly ALL nutrition during the post-workout time period. If you want to gain muscle as well, you need BCAA's at strategic times before and after training to repair and help the muscle recover.
---End Quote---

THIS, is very informative, thank you, very relevant to my current work-out program. I can still follow my exercise program expecting results and not having paranoia that it will all be pointless if I continue to follow my regular eating-schedule of after 8.
************
Re: Need some tips, or a starting point
http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=4153#post109058
Posted by: derek
On: 10-13-2012 12:16 AM


---Quote (Originally by lynnes75)---
THIS, is very informative, thank you, very relevant to my current work-out program. I can still follow my exercise program expecting results and not having paranoia that it will all be pointless if I continue to follow my regular eating-schedule of after 8.
---End Quote---

Of course...it does depend on your regular eating habits of course...within your scheduled eating period, which types of foods are you consuming...and also, which type of workout are you performing? Those things matter as well.
************

http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=4153#post109243
Posted by: lynnes75
On: 10-14-2012 12:40 AM

It's not everyday of course, but I'm home late often enough that I'd take my dinner around 9-9.30. The usual fare for dinner; meat, vegies, rice, drinks. I do my work-outs before dinner usually, because after I eat I'd just want to relax for an hour or so doing nothing strenuous before bedtime.


All the best,
Smart Health Shop Forum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&type=thread&subscriptionid=6038&auth=85160d1a4cf96eb0152e61d557114d26

No comments: