Thursday, April 11, 2013

New Way To Use Protein Powder - Scones!

While I love my protein shakes, I get tired of having the same old shake every day. I came across this recipe on another forum and thought I'd give it a try. You use the protein powder to make a scone. In my opinion, it's not really bread-like, but I did like it.



Ingredients



Scoop of protein powder

One egg white

About 1.5 tbsp of almond milk

Tbsp of stevia (I left this out as my protein powder is already fairly sweet)

Dash of baking powder

About 1 tbsp of soda water (I actually left this out)



Optional toppings

I love Walden Fruit Spread (0 calories, sugars or carbs!)



Simply whisk all ingredients together in a mug (I sprayed mine with non-stick Pam) well with a fork until smooth, microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring after the first minute. Top with your choice of extras and enjoy.



These were suggestions from the other forum:

• I've started adding a teaspoon of peanut butter to the mix

• My favorite variations (all use vanilla flavor powder):



1. Add 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips.



2. Add a couple teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and some white chocolate chips.



3. This may be my fav. Add cinnamon and white chocolate chips.



4. I also leave out the sweetener and the club soda. I do add a bit more milk to compensate.

I always top it with a bit of whipped cream.





Enjoy!






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/MhTNIlzLAG8/10127-new-way-use-protein-powder-scones.html

No comments: