Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hi! I'm finally ready to jump in!

Hi everyone! My name is DJ and I live in Maryland. I decided this year to give myself a health and fitness makeover. Each month I've made at least one small change in my habits in hopes that by year end it will all add up to a much healthier lifestyle.



January: I eliminated soda and sugary drinks from my diet and started drinking more water

February: I began taking vitamins and supplements

March: I started hula hooping and wearing a pedometer everyday to track how many steps I walk per day (aiming for 10,000)

April: I'm working on eating cleaner and have eliminated most processed foods from my diet



I haven't decided what change I'll make in May, so I started lurking in this forum for ideas. Then I decided that instead of lurking, I should join the conversation and maybe meet new people who can understand why I'm on this journey. (My friends and family mean well, but they don't get it yet.)



Anyway, I look forward to learning some new things and making some new fitness friends!






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/vp1ZMbBu6aQ/10246-hi-im-finally-ready-jump.html

No comments: