Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Our bones grow older faster than we do

As time passes by, we grow older. That's inevitable. As we grow older, our bones grow older, too. That's inevitable, too. However, it has been found that our bones grow old faster than we we. That's startling news!





Vicki Soul. Age: 37. Bone Age: 60



Vicki says,


Quote:




I haven’t eaten meat for 20 years, mainly because of concerns about animal welfare.



I’ve been a vegan (completely avoiding dairy) for two years and vegetarian for 18 years before that.




I try to keep my calcium levels high with fortified soya milk, nuts and green veg, but it’s a bit hit and miss and I probably don’t take enough care over this.




On top of that, I’ve got an inherited disorder which makes my joints bendy and prone to osteoporosis.




It makes my joints quite painful, too, so I probably walk for only about ten minutes a day.







More information here:

Brittle bones: Are your bones older than you? Brittle bones aren't just a problem of old age. As these women discovered the damage can start DECADES earlier | Mail Online



There are a number of factors involved in our bones growing older faster than we do. The study referred to in the news item was done on women. I am sure that men are also affected by some of these risk factors. Of course, menopause wouldn't be something that men have to worry about. Or do men have to worry, too, about menopause? In their female partners, I mean.








via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/bF_AJVPNFCs/8280-our-bones-grow-older-faster-than-we-do.html

No comments: