Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"After 6 Diet" update

Dear derek,

You are subscribed to the thread "After 6 Diet" by AmazingP, there have been 2 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was derek.
http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/weight-loss/2090-after-6-diet.html

These following posts were made to the thread:
************

http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=2090#post104029
Posted by: dsb3447
On: 09-11-2012 01:30 PM

It actually sounds like a good idea. I was thinking of a similar diet. The raw diet is tough, and expensive. My idea was to go raw after 5 pm, and this would help me sleep less. People on raw diets need less sleep I guess because their body doesn't have as much work to do. Before 5 pm I would eat a vegetarian diet. This would not affect my sleeping because the food should be digested well before bed. That way I have freedom and restriction. I actually did a similar diet before sans the vegetarian part. It worked very well. I was losing over .5 pounds per day. The first day I dropped 2 pounds.
************
Re: After 6 Diet
http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=2090#post104038
Posted by: derek
On: 09-11-2012 02:02 PM


---Quote (Originally by novasparker)---
The main drawback here is that it is not emphasizing the reality that if you eat fewer calories you will lose weight. It doesn't really matter when you eat the calories as long as you are using more than you are consuming. My husband's cardiologist says that as long as you follow this simple principle it really doesn't matter when you eat them or what you eat...you can eat doughnuts all day long as long as you are eating fewer calories than you use. So, I think that this is a gimmick and that its endorsed by a celebrity is neither here nor there.
---End Quote---

I liked your post a lot...until I started reading about how you and your doctor endorse a diet similar to that of the Twinkie Diet...you are correct in saying that caloric deficit is needed in order to lose weight and that when you eat may not carry as much weight as the overall caloric intake...but the "a calorie is a calorie" philosophy again? Complete and utter useless garbage.

You go and consume 1500 calories of sugar per day over the next 6 months while I consume 1500 calories of protein and moderate fat...let's see whose body is composed of what...we may weigh the same, but you would look like a spaghetti noodle and I would look like a cross-fit trainer. That's the difference in macro nutrient split.


All the best,
Smart Health Shop Forum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&type=thread&subscriptionid=14906&auth=0b13c0d2b730509bb69df9ee7b86e391

No comments: