Saturday, July 28, 2012

"What 5 lbs of fat/muscle looks like" update

Dear derek,

You are subscribed to the thread "What 5 lbs of fat/muscle looks like" by Jessi, there have been 3 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was sandooch.
http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/main-forum/6691-what-5-lbs-fat-muscle-looks-like.html

These following posts were made to the thread:
************

http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=6691#post98045
Posted by: Amalia
On: 07-27-2012 04:42 AM


---Quote (Originally by ThisOldMan)---
You like chicken soup, too? It's one of my favorites. I normally make chicken soup with the bones. I can buy the bones very cheaply at the market. Then I add in big onions, garlic and potatoes. What's your recipe?
---End Quote---


Luckly for me, I grow chickens :D I don't have to go out and buy the meat.
I first boil the meat, then I change the water, add vegetables (no garlic) like carrots, onions, peas, potatoes. When it's almost ready I add home made noodles :D It's delicious!
************

http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=6691#post98054
Posted by: ThisOldMan
On: 07-27-2012 05:51 AM


---Quote (Originally by derek)---
I don't know. It certainly doesn't scream "value" in any way, shape, or form to me...they would either sell or not sell.
---End Quote---

Somehow I think they will sell. Not sure if they can compete with hot cakes, though. I have personally seen rubber toys made to look exactly like a piece of turd and they sell rather well. So why not a blob of fat?
************

http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=6691#post98125
Posted by: sandooch
On: 07-27-2012 07:17 PM


---Quote (Originally by layzor)---
I've always been told muscle weighs more than fat. Now I see why.
---End Quote---
I'm confused by this statement. Are you saying this because the muscle looks denser than the fat, or are you mistaking the larger, yellow fat for the smaller red muscle?

And muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. That is an old saying that I wish we could put to rest. Five pounds of muscle and five pounds of fat are both "five pounds". The only difference, as the photo shows us, is that muscle, being denser, takes up way less space that the same amount of fat in weight.


All the best,
Smart Health Shop Forum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&type=thread&subscriptionid=15790&auth=dafa16bf000d17f08440ca1091b8f732

No comments: