Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"Shed the pounds-Help Wanted!" update

Dear derek,

You are subscribed to the thread "Shed the pounds-Help Wanted!" by misumaru15, there have been 2 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was derek.
http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/weight-loss/6600-shed-pounds-help-wanted.html

These following posts were made to the thread:
************

http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=6600#post98380
Posted by: misumaru15
On: 07-30-2012 02:50 PM


---Quote (Originally by derek)---
Any updates so far, misumaru? How is your carb-cutting diet coming along?

Also, I believe we are still waiting for some input on your current activity level...Cthulhu was looking forward to drafting up a plan for you...
---End Quote---
Ah I hadn't updated this thread in a minute. I need to work on cutting carbs. I also need to work on getting a proper diet. I don't overeat. However I believe my calories and content are holding me back. I eat around 1200 to 1300 calories a day. I have been working out and burning about 1200 calories a day for about 4 days a week. Craft a plan! I welcome it. I'm going grocery shopping this friday. So far down 2 pounds. I had an annual doctor's appointment Thursday.
************

http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/showthread.php?t=6600#post98417
Posted by: derek
On: 07-30-2012 10:18 PM


---Quote (Originally by misumaru15)---
Ah I hadn't updated this thread in a minute. I need to work on cutting carbs. I also need to work on getting a proper diet. I don't overeat. However I believe my calories and content are holding me back. I eat around 1200 to 1300 calories a day. I have been working out and burning about 1200 calories a day for about 4 days a week. Craft a plan! I welcome it. I'm going grocery shopping this friday. So far down 2 pounds. I had an annual doctor's appointment Thursday.
---End Quote---

When you say you are burning 1200 calories, are you calculating that from straight exercise? Or are you calculating that including your resting rate of burning calories as well? 1200 calories should easily be a caloric deficit for anyone...so I am assuming you are calculating those 1200 calories of burning from your exercise alone...which is phenomenal.

If you want to stay at 1200 calories and you are following that diet strictly, you should be losing at least 2 pounds a week from now until you reach your goal without a problem. For this spread, you will want to try to get 50% protein, 20% carbs, and 30% fat. Earlier in the thread, you said you started at 230 pounds and said you have a goal weight of 170 pounds. Let's try to split this up from a macronutrient split first, and then on a later post we can pick some foods to fulfill the diet.

For 1200 calories, 50% protein means 600 calories from protein (150 grams), 20% from carbs means 240 calories from carbohydrates (60 grams), and 30% from fat means 360 calories from fat (40 grams). So, your split should be 150 grams of protein, 60 grams of carbohydrates, and 40 grams of fat. That is just a hair under 1 gram of protein per pound of goal bodyweight, .3 grams of carbs per pound of goal bodyweight, and .17 grams of fat per pound of goal bodyweight.

For now, start reading those food labels...every single one...before you put anything in your mouth. In the meantime, could you breakdown your current 1200 calories in terms of the foods you consume...we will use that diet to make any substitutions necessary to ensure you meet your weight loss goals as well as meet your macronutrient split for body re-composition.

Thanks, misu! :)


All the best,
Smart Health Shop Forum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://forum.smarthealthshop.com/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&type=thread&subscriptionid=14851&auth=1225b825362585c0166a63a4fd3c02ea

No comments: