Thursday, January 31, 2013

Put on muscle without having to lose weight first

I'm a pretty big guy, I'm 6'5 with a naturally big build and I'm overweight. So, I am really just a big guy in every way possible. I love going to the gym and I love bodybuilding, but here's the part that really frustrates me. "You need to lose weight before you can start putting on muscle". Almost every personal trainer or fellow gym goer I have ever met tells me that. I really get put off working out from all the cardio etc.



Is it really such a big "no no" to try and put on muscle before losing the excess weight?

If it is, is there a work out routine I could follow that sort of does both at the same time?

I really can't do the "lose weight first then you can do the bodybuilding", I know I'm impatient and just want to get to the bodybuilding part but I'm hoping there is some form of compromise that isn't going to be bad for my body.






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/ELglpo5N2vo/9136-put-muscle-without-having-lose-weight-first.html

No comments: