Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hand numbness during sleep, workout related?

I've recently started going to the gym yesterday. Was working out my upper body, including my biceps, triceps, and forearms. Last night, I awoke several times during the night with numbness in my fingers/hands. The first time I awoke, I thought it was because I was laying on my arm, but noticed that both of my hands were numb. I woke up about two more times, both on my back with my arms simply at my sides or resting on my chest, hands still numb. I noticed some mild pain/soreness in my triceps during this (from the workout no doubt). This morning, my triceps are sore (very mild pain), and no numbness.



I'm very certain that I've eliminated the possibility of the numbness coming from sleeping on my arm. Is it possible that my hands went numb as a result of an intense arm workout? Reasonably, I would think that there would have to be a lack of circulation flow to my hands, but can this be caused by some kind of muscle swelling due to the workout? Why would this occur during sleep only?



Please help,

Thanks.






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/yd_bAc65AOk/8638-hand-numbness-during-sleep-workout-related.html

No comments: