Wednesday, December 26, 2012

" NOTHING GOES WASTE IN HOTEL, DEAR" ARTHUR HAILEY

ARTHUR HAILEY wrote several book including a novel ' HOTEL" . The novel opens with the following conversation.

A rich man and his wife are taking lunch and the lady leaves the apple half eaten in the plate and murmurs " Now, this will go waste"

And the rich man says "Nothing goes waste in Hotel, dear"

( as much as I remember)



The rich man is suggesting that someone's left over is usually someone's dish or a gift from the hotel as they call. I think he must be right. Who knows what we are served. Who knows whose left over is served in our dish or where our left over will go. Some times, I would agree with the author when I am served with a " complimentary little gift " that I never ordered.

That reminds me whether it is impolite to ask the hotel management to pack our left over? I think i read somewhere that some hotels do not like such customers though it is only proper for the customer to have his left over packed to take home, especially when the food is costly.



What do you say about the " eating someone's leftover" ?



Read any of the books of Arthur Hailey? I recommend "AIRPORT."






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/sCRxLvi2mAE/8679-nothing-goes-waste-hotel-dear-arthur-hailey.html

No comments: