Tuesday, December 25, 2012

NEVER BEFORE, NEVER AGAIN

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show. To begin my life with the beginning of my life, I record that I was born( as I have been informed and I believe) on Friday, at twelve o clock at night. It was remarked that the clock began to strike and I began to cry, simultaneously. "



From David Copperfield

By CHARLES DICKENS.



Who else can put the words in such witty manner that the reader would dare not stop.



Remember the OLIVER TWIST? The FAGIN ?



As I walk to temple in the evening and see a little boy shabbily dressed along with still shabbily dressed one eyed beggar, I recollect OLIVER TWIST and MR. FAGIN.



I venture to say at the cost of inviting the wrath of members, that if you have not read OLIVER TWIST, you are missing so much of the life.



Reading a good book is as refreshing as taking a shower of hot water when you are tired.



Mr Mathew Davis is doing reading project for BBC News Magazine, reading all the novel of Charles Dickens 200 years after he was born in the year 1812.





BBC News - Charles Dickens: My year with four million words of the master






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/7wkvTnl9tIQ/8663-never-before-never-again.html

No comments: