Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Swimming and your Teeth!

I just wanted to share something with you all that I just learnt recently.



I have never had sensitive teeth in my life and had started swimming on a daily basis in the pool in my complex which wasn't as clean as I would have liked it to have been (But it's in Thailand and I can complain all I like and it won't change a thing). You notice these things when you spend a lot of time in the water.



So after about 4 weeks of my regular swimming habit I started noticing that my teeth were discoloured. My teeth have never been pearly white but they looked awful. So I bought some teeth whitening toothpaste, which helped slightly. I thought to myself it must be that I'm missing the added fluoride that was added to drinking water from where I'm from.



But after 6 weeks of swimming for at least 30 minutes a day my teeth were now super-sensitive. This had never happened before to me. EVER!! I can always bite into an ice cream, drink hot or cold drinks with no issues. I didn't know what was causing this but all of a sudden I couldn't bite into anything without being in pain. Due to bad weather I spent a couple of days out of the pool and noticed a huge difference in the sensitivity to my teeth.



I did find an article soon after that confirmed this..



My Teeth Hurt After Swimming | LIVESTRONG.COM



I just wanted to warn any other regular swimmers out there.. Just make sure the pool you are swimming in is clean and you're not damaging your teeth by trying to be healthy.






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/u4X3IzW1ruo/9357-swimming-your-teeth.html

No comments: