Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Performance or Looks?

Which is your main goal when lifting, to get stronger or to look better? My main goal is strength, although I'll admit it used to be for looks. Interestingly enough, I found that when my focus went to strength and athletic performance, and I made the switch from a bodybuilder style routine (lots of assistance and isolation, most sets 8-12 reps) to a strength oriented routine (very little assistance unless needed, isolation even rarer, most sets 3-5 reps), I noticed more results in the aesthetics department than I'd had beforehand, provided I watch my diet the same.



I'm not criticizing anyone who lifts for looks. I'm just curious and sharing my experiences.






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/MIRTUKCsSY8/9457-performance-looks.html

No comments: