Saturday, February 23, 2013

Something I Learned about Weight

There is a difference between being anorexic, and having anorexia. Usually they go hand and hand, but not always.



Being anorexic just means you are below a certain weight for your height and body type. It's like, lower than "underweight." So, someone who is starving in a poor area for example, would be considered anorexic, but without anorexia.



It's just like how overweight people can have anorexia, but not be anorexic because they are not "below" the "underweight" category. They are still overweight, but they have the mental disorder.



I've always known that child abuse (won't specify) causes all types of eating disorders and other mental problems, but I just didn't know that someone could be considered anorexic without having anorexia. I just figured I'd share. I found out by asking my doctor about it because I wanted to way 95, and she said I'd be considered anorexic. I have other problems, but not anorexia.



BTW- once your body gets below a certain weight, it starts shrinking the fat in your brain and can cause even more problems. So, if you aren't at a "dangerously low" weight yet, try not to get there!






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/CCYQjurEKc4/9417-something-i-learned-about-weight.html

No comments: