Friday, February 22, 2013

Is this a safe workout?

So basically my body has gotten used to push ups with my body-weight and also push ups with my body weight + weights (back-pack 15-20kg) . So I was thinking I should do pushups with someone putting their weight on me.

Is this safe? I won't be doing it in such a way that it could damage my back of course but I just wanted to see what people's opinions were!



Btw I weigh 70kg the other person is probably 50-60 kg so in total I'd be lifting 90-100kg assuming push ups allow for 75% of bodyweight (According to a quick search)



If you're wondering why I'm not just doing bench it's because :

1. No time for gym.

2. I play sport and need my whole core the same strength, not just chest. I feel pushups hit a lot more than bench.

3. I LOVE PUSHUPS. :)






via Smart Health Shop Forum http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SmartHealthShopForum/~3/oLhDQ-PerPU/9408-safe-workout.html

No comments: